I have been lucky enough to be considered and chosen to be a participant in a Sky TV documentary series about cancer nurses: this will entail filming six nurses in The Christie Hospital Manchester over next three months, from February to April 2010
The programme is on Sky ‘Real Lives’ and will be a documentary series about cancer nurses.
The six nurses that will be filmed over the next three months are:
• Hilary Elsworth, Surgical Practitioner
• Steve Hill, Procedure team manager, Day Ward
• John Murray, Nurse Clinician, Haematology & Transplant Unit
• Liz Pugh, Staff Nurse, Young Oncology Unit
• Helen Thompson, Staff Nurse, Ward 10
• John Baron, Staff Nurse, Ward 4
The Sky Real Lives TV documentary series will consist of ten 30 minute programmes and will be broadcast in November 2010. It will aim to educate viewers about cancer and its treatments.
Filming arrangements, consent and final approval of the programmes have been agreed with the film company. Macmillan and Marie Curie nurses are also taking part.
This is a fantastic opportunity to highlight different cancers to the public from the nurses perspective. I am honoured to be able to represent haematology and transplant nurses in the UK
Nurse Clinician BMT
Haematology and Transplant Unit