What were the EBMT (UK) NAP’s objectives?
From that first meeting it was agreed that the group would hold 3 educational meetings per year and for a trial period each meeting would include working parties on the following topics to see if national guidelines could be formulated.
- Central line access
- Isolation issues
- Day case Management
- BMT Coordination
- Symptom control
- Staff recruitment
What have the EBMT (UK) NAP achieved?
Over the past 36 meetings the committee have been able to provide:
- Their commitment to provide regular educational meetings at affordable cost to the participants.
- Travel scholarships
- A national directory of BMT units to include contact details of staff to be used as a resource
- Improved communications with the invention of the world wide web
- Solutions to improve sibling donor care follow up
- Joint meetings with the National Quality Managers Forum to promote the accreditation system known as JACIE
- A patient and carers day in line with the main EBMT annual conference