Role of Chair person
- To be an ambassador for the group
- To maintain effective communication with all members of the board
- To delegate duties to Committee members as necessary / appropriate
- To liaise with the secretary in drawing up the agenda’s for all meetings
- To promote the Main European Bone Marrow Transplantation Nurses Group by;
- Encouraging nurses and Allied Professions to become members of the European Bone Marrow Transplantation Nurses Group
- Attending the Annual European Bone Marrow transplantation conference
- Acting as Contact Person for the UK for the European Bone Marrow Transplantation Nurse Group
- Having good, effective communications with the members the group
- Being responsible for the Annual General Report for the AGM
- Promote the group by attending other conferences and study days as an invited speaker. This role can be delegated to other members of the committee as appropriate.
Role of Vice Chair
- To promote the group at all times
- To support and act as a deputy for the Chairperson as required
- To support all Committee members
- To assist in the management/organisation of educational meetings
- To co-ordinate venue hunting and sponsor relationships with the Chairperson
- To support and lead in projects as agreed by the Committee
Role of Secretary
- To maintain effective communications with all members of the committee and all members of EBMT(UK) NAP group
- To liaise with the Chair to develop the agenda for all meetings in conjunction with all committee members
- To record an accurate account of all official meetings and distribute to all committee members
- To produce all paper work such as evaluation forms, programme and hand outs for each conference day.
- To write to all sponsors after for each meeting to thank them for their contributions
- To maintain an up to date membership and mailing list
- To maintain an up to date sponsorship mailing list
- To provide delegate attendance list for each conference and to ensure that a copy of it is given to sponsors for their records.
- To ensure new members on Group’s website are approved at regular intervals
- To use the Group’s website as a main method of communication with the members and the committee and to use any other methods as appropriate / requested by the members.
Role of Treasurer
- To maintain finances and budget appropriately
- To assess the likely expenditure of the Group in each financial year.
- To maintain good communications with all sponsors and committee members.
- To issue receipts of payment to sponsors.
- To record payments to and outgoings from the account on the EBMT (UK) NAP Website accounts section.
- To be an active member of the committee and support all committee members when required
- To attend as many EBMT (UK) committee meeting and study days as possible.
- To submit a treasurer’s report at the AGM.
- To promote the group by attending other conferences as an invited speaker.
Role of main EBMT link nurse
- To promote the Main and UK European Bone Marrow Transplantation Nurses Group by encouraging nurses and Allied Professions to become members of the UK and European Bone Marrow Transplantation Nurses Group and to attend the annual main EBMT and EBMT (UK) NAP meetings
- To act as contact person for the UK for the European Bone Marrow Transplantation Nurse Group
- To submit biannual update for the main EBMT NG newsletter by the required date
- To distribute any information from the main EBMT NG to the Committee and members
- To support the EBMT (UK) NAP educational meetings